[Snort-users] OT: Help with Barnyard

Ralf Spenneberg spenneb at ...8096...
Thu Apr 10 11:56:25 EDT 2003

> Subject: [Snort-users] OT:  Help with Barnyard
>

> However, I’m having a heck of a time configuring barnyard!  I get around one
> issue only to stumble onto another.  I’m running barnyard 0.1.0 on the same
> machine as snort for testing, and snort is writing unified log/alert files,
> but I can’t seem to get barnyard to process them without an error.  Lately
> it’s “Unknown output plugin "alert_acid_db" referenced” or similar.  What am
> I missing?
Well, did you compile barnyard with "--enable-mysql"?
Your Snort installation needs: gen-msg.map, sid-msg.map and
classification.config

If you are using Red Hat Linux you will find a barnyard RPM package at
my site:
http://www.spenneberg.org/IDS

Cheers,

Ralf

--
Ralf Spenneberg
UNIX/Linux Trainer and Consultant, RHCE, RHCX

Markt+Technik Book:                     Intrusion Detection für Linux
Server
IPsec/PPTP Kernels for Red Hat Linux:
http://www.spenneberg.com/.net/.org/.de
Honeynet Project Mirror:                http://honeynet.spenneberg.org