[Snort-users] getting error when using -s

snort snort snort001 at ...125...
Thu Apr 10 06:03:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

since snort 1.9.x series, and now 2.0.0rc1, I am getting errors with using
the -s option. Before 1.9.x I used to initialize snort with the basic snort
-des -c ./snort.conf , but now when I try it, I get the help information
(with all options) and :

Uh, you need to tell me to do something...
: No such file or directory

If I change to snort -c ./snort.conf -des bogon, I get the initial snort
information, but in the end I get:
Version 2.0.0rc1 (Build 61)
By Martin ...
(null)(0) => No arguments to alert_syslog preprocessor !

The question is: How can I make Snort log to default syslog
(/var/log/messages) ?

Thanks,

jeff