[Snort-users] OT: Help with Barnyard

Ralf Spenneberg mct at ...8096...
Wed Apr 9 21:45:05 EDT 2003

Am Mit, 2003-04-09 um 16.38 schrieb Gordon Cunningham:
> Ralf,
>
> Thanks for responding.  (Just tried recompiling and I'm now getting an
> error - undef ref to my_compress - will look into this)
>
> Yes, barnyard was compiled with MySQL support and appears to connect to
> MySQL just fine, but always has an undefined output plugin error.
> classificaton.config is in the same subdir as the .map files.  I'm testing
> snort 1.9.1 on RedHat 7.3 with latest patches - single NIC at the moment.  I
> did note the different naming of the output plugin (config file originally
> had alert_acid_db or log_acid_db instead of op_acid_db), but neither works.
> How do I configure the output plugins, or are they supposed to be automatic?
The plugins are configured using the following lines:
output alert_acid_db: mysql, sensor_id 1, database sensors, server
localhost, user xxxx, password secret
output log_acid_db: mysql, sensor_id 1, database sensors, server
localhost, user xxxx, detail full, password secret

It works fine using my RPM.

> # output op_acid_db: mysql, sensor_id 1, database snort, server localhost,
> user XXXX, password XXXX
> output op_acid_db: mysql, sensor_id 1, database snort, server localhost,
> user XXXX, password XXXX, detail full

Could you send the exact error messages when compiling? Maybe you want
to start with a fresh source. Otherwise try my RPM package
http://www.spenneberg.com/6.html?subject=%2FIDS%2F

Cheers,

Ralf

--