[Snort-users] How to set WINDOWS up for a Stealth Interface...

snort at ...8664... snort at ...8664...
Wed Apr 9 13:00:03 EDT 2003

> Tom,
>
> Backup your registry...
>
> Start the registry editor (Regedit.exe)
>
> Move to
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interf
> aces
>
> Select the required interface
>
> Note: Each interface has two entries. One only has about 6 subentries.
> Make
> the modification to the other entry that has about 20 subentries.
>
> From the Edit menu select New - DWORD value
>
> Enter a name of IPAutoconfigurationEnabled and press Enter
Hi Michael,

Forgive me but I don’t se the point of doing this through the registry.
All you have to do is unbind the NIC from any protocols and/or services &
that can be done without having to deal w/ the registry. All you have to
do is open the Network Connections window, select the connection you wish
to make the “listener” open its properties and de-select all of the
protocols/services/clients. What you are left with is a fully functional
listening device. Then just make sure that the –iX parameter is filled w/
the right card.
Or am I missing something here?

Carlos