[Snort-users] How to Use Throttle when using Swatch for duplicate email alerts

Sam Evans sam at ...5202...
Wed Apr 9 12:52:05 EDT 2003

Well, in theory there is a command in swatch called 'throttle'.

Here's what I use:

watchfor	/Something/
  echo
  mail=your_email at ...5892...,subject=ALERT!!
  throttle = 00:01:00

Now, according to the swatch docmentation it is supposed to fire the event
every 1 minutes.  I have not had any success in getting it to honor the
throttle statement.

But, maybe your luck will be better than mine.