[Snort-users] /var/log/snort/some.ip.addr.dir/ permissions problem

Donnie Green d_greenjr at ...125...
Wed Apr 9 10:49:01 EDT 2003

I have created a user and group both named "sec".  In the snort startup
script I created the variable SNORT_UID=sec and have placed snort .... -u
$SNORT_UID in the configuration so snort is running as the owner/group
sec/sec.  This works fine but the IPAddr directories created under
/var/log/snort/* have the permissions 600 and my users part of the "sec"
group do not have permissions to the log information.  Did I forget to set
the umask for snort somewhere?  How can I make the
/var/log/snort/some.ip.addr.directory permissions 660?