[Snort-users] OT: Help with Barnyard

Gordon Cunningham gcunnin2 at ...163...
Wed Apr 9 08:18:14 EDT 2003

Ralf,

It does appear the "undefined compress" is one of the problems in getting
mudpit or barnyard to work.  Any idea where to look for this?

- Gordon

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]  On Behalf Of Ralf
Spenneberg
Sent:	Wednesday, April 09, 2003 1:08 AM
To:	SnortUsers
Subject:	Re: [Snort-users] OT:  Help with Barnyard

> Subject: [Snort-users] OT:  Help with Barnyard
>

> However, I?m having a heck of a time configuring barnyard!  I get around
one
> issue only to stumble onto another.  I?m running barnyard 0.1.0 on the
same
> machine as snort for testing, and snort is writing unified log/alert
files,
> but I can?t seem to get barnyard to process them without an error.  Lately
> it?s ?Unknown output plugin "alert_acid_db" referenced? or similar.  What
am
> I missing?
Well, did you compile barnyard with "--enable-mysql"?
Your Snort installation needs: gen-msg.map, sid-msg.map and
classification.config

If you are using Red Hat Linux you will find a barnyard RPM package at
my site:
http://www.spenneberg.org/IDS

Cheers,

Ralf

--
Ralf Spenneberg
UNIX/Linux Trainer and Consultant, RHCE, RHCX

Markt+Technik Book:                     Intrusion Detection für Linux
Server
IPsec/PPTP Kernels for Red Hat Linux:
http://www.spenneberg.com/.net/.org/.de
Honeynet Project Mirror:                http://honeynet.spenneberg.org