[Snort-users] Help with a config file please?

snort at ...8664... snort at ...8664...
Tue Apr 8 18:15:03 EDT 2003

Better late than never I say!
Here is the post-mortem on this thread.

Do not use LinkSys Hubs to listen on a network. The simple answer is that
the moment that I went from using a LinkSys hub (Yes I made sure that it
was a Hub & not a switch) to using a monitor session on a Cisco switch my
snort device started to report all sorts of alarms. So lesson learned just
because it says “Hub” it does not mean that all the ports will see all the
traffic – even though technologically that is what you would expect.

Thanks to all for your help.

Carlos