[Snort-users] ACID inconsistencies?

Keg snrtlst at ...2792...
Tue Apr 8 13:53:07 EDT 2003

I couldn't find what the reason was, but when I installed everything on
RH80 instead of RH7.3, the issue was gone. Just in case you encounter
the same problem, you know what's the ugly way of fixing it :-)

Keg wrote:

> I hope it is not a dummy usage question, but it looks like some
> strange inconsistency....
> From the main ACID window when I click on 'Unique alerts - 4' I really
> see unique four alerts. Then, I click on the UDP traffic link (in the
> Traffic Profile by protocol window on the main page) and I see (let's
> say 1 UDP alert). Then I follow Home link to go to the main page and
> click on 'Unique alerts - 4' link, BUT now only one alert (the one I
> saw i UDP window) is displayed. The same thing happens in Explorer 6
> and Netscape 7.
> Any ideas?
> RH7.3, snort 1.9.1, mysql-server-3.23.49-3, ACID v0.9.6b23, (schema
> version: 106)
>
> P.S. The same scenario happens when I go to TCP traffic instead of
> UDP, after that only TCP-specific alerts are displayed in Unique
> alerts window.

Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop at ...2793...!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/