[Snort-users] ACID name resolution

Keg snrtlst at ...2792...
Tue Apr 8 13:50:10 EDT 2003

When I look at the alert (any) I see links to source address and
destination address. Each time I try to follow thos links ACID tries to
resolve those IPs to names and it take  A LOT of time, if you have 200
hundred addresses in the list then it takes forever for ACID to timeout
on those addresses and present the list. I took a look into the firewall
config and I see that all domain-tcp and domain-udp queries are allowed
from this box, sop it's not a firewall issue.
Is there any way to to make ACID no to resolve IP addresses when it
presents the list of source/destination ip addresses?
Thanks.
Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop at ...2793...!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/