[Snort-users] certificate verify error

Erick Mechler emechler at ...7719...
Tue Apr 8 09:11:02 EDT 2003

:: I am getting a certificate error when adding my sensor:
::
:: At the address
:: https://jj.mandrake/snortcenter/sensor.php
::
:: It cannot connect to jj.mandrake:443
::
:: (returns the following error:
:: curl: (35) SSL: error:14090086:SSL
:: routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed )

See the -k option to curl (from the man page):

       -k/--insecure
              (SSL) This option explicitly allows curl to perform
              "insecure"  SSL connections and transfers. Starting
              with  curl  7.10,  all  SSL  connections  will   be
              attempted  to  be  made secure by using the CA cer-
              tificate bundle installed by  default.  This  makes
              all   connections  considered  "insecure"  to  fail
              unless -k/--insecure is used.

              If this option is used twice, the second time  will
              again disable it.