[Snort-users] certificate verify error

Jill Tovey jill.tovey at ...8678...
Tue Apr 8 08:17:03 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I am getting a certificate error when adding my sensor:

At the address
https://jj.mandrake/snortcenter/sensor.php

It cannot connect to jj.mandrake:443

(returns the following error:
curl: (35) SSL: error:14090086:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed )

I have created certificates (everything went according to plan) and I
have added this to httpd.conf:

<IfDefine SSL>
<VirtualHost "jj.mandrake/snortcenter/sensor.php?:443">
        DocumentRoot /home/httpd/private

        ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
        TransferLog /usr/local/apache/logs/access_log

        SSLEngine on

        SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key
</VirtualHost>
</IfDefine>

Restarting httpd seems to go well also,

If I go to address: https://jj.mandrake:443
I get the apache page, so thats working.

Just not on the sensor

I've been battling with this for days, and found nothing on
google/mailinglists etc etc that can help me to resolve this,

Obviously I am doing something wrong with the certificates - does anyone
have any suggestions as to what ?
Or at least point me somewhere that might be able to help?!

Cheers