[Snort-users] $HOME_NET

Keg snrtlst at ...2792...
Sun Apr 6 11:19:01 EDT 2003

I guess I miss something.......
I have 3 network segments #1, #2, and #3. $HOME_NET is set to #1.
When I scan #1 with Nessus I get a lot of alerts logged.
When I scan #2 with Nessus I get just a little bit of alerts
When I add #2 to $HOME_NET (so it looks like $HOME_NET [#1/24,#2/24) I
'm starting to get a lot of alerts.

Hence 2 questions:
1. Is there any difference how snort treats netwqorks if they are not
included in $HOME_NET?
2. Should I include all network segments I have in $HOME_NET?
Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop at ...2793...!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/