[Snort-users] Snort setup problems

dky at ...8776... dky at ...8776...
Thu Apr 3 16:40:37 EST 2003

Greetings friends,

Current setup:
RedHat Linux 7.3 / Snort 1.9.1 / MySql 4.0.12-standard

I was wondering if anyone can help me out to solve the following problem
when i run source create_mysql (provided from
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/snort/snort/contrib/ )

mysql> source create_mysql
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
'[schema] ( vseq        NUMERIC(10,0) NOT NULL,

i apologize if this sounds more like a mysql problem -- but i'm not sure
where to ask because i did a lot of google-ing beforehand.

I was following the instructions provided Steven J. Scott from the docs
page on www.snort.org

Thank you very much in advance!
/dky