[Snort-users] You caught them, what next?

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Thu Apr 3 10:01:43 EST 2003

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, L. Christopher Luther wrote:

> The issue, for me at least, it not *which* TZ Snort or my web server log
> their data but whether the logs show the TZ information.  I've not looked at
> Snort's '-U' parameter, but unless the output includes 'TZ=xxx' information
> it's a moot point.

Actually, Jason is right on the money with this.  UTC is UTC.  It's not
hard to say "Well, it happened at 12:00 UTC.  So since I'm in EST that
means that it's UTC - 0500 = 7:00 EST."  Now if the abuse people there
can't understand that, then you should call their manager and ask for
their job since they are incompetent.

-----
Erek Adams