[Snort-users] Same source/dest

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Wed Apr 2 20:04:01 EST 2003

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Keg wrote:

> Is it safe to say that that best placement for pass rules would be
> local.rules file? (Meaning later rule updates?

*shrug*  That's up to you.

I like to be able to update my rules with minimal user intervention.
Since there is a 'local.rules' in the Snort distro, if you update your
rules with a simple copy, you can overwrite your local.rules with the one
from the distro.  I like to have a 'my.rules' with any local rules in it,
but then again, that's me and I'm not known for being normal.  :)

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams