[Snort-users] IDS Placement ideas for inside and outside a firewall.

Brei, Matt mbrei at ...8727...
Wed Apr 2 11:45:56 EST 2003

Hi everyone.  I am trying to convince my company to implement IDS on our
network but I have a few questions.  I know I would want one on both
sides of the firewall, but on a switched network, how would I force
traffic to go through Snort before it reached its destination?  Also,
the way its set up now, the Cisco 1751 router goes right into the Cisco
PIX 501 firewall and from there into a switch.  How would I place an IDS
between the firewall and switch?