[Snort-users] snort installation probs

Jill Tovey jill.tovey at ...8678...
Wed Apr 2 08:41:23 EST 2003

Well,

Having not manage to resolve any of the below, can some one instruct me
on how I can remove the sensor agent and try reinstalling it again?

do I just delete the directory and install it again?

Hi,

>Sensor Message sh: line 1: curl: command not found

make sure that the curl binary is installed on your mamagement console and is in your path.

>so it looks like when i went through the setup.sh script i should have
>entered "/usr/sbin/snort" rather than "/usr/sbin" how can i edit this
>now to be the right path?

Edit the "config" file in the "conf" dir on your sensor agent
snort_path=/usr/sbin/

Regards,
Stefan
------------------------

------------------------
Hi,

>I have installed snort and various components successfully so far
>
>I am at the stage now where I am adding the sensor -
>
>the information I am typing in is as follows:
>
>enable sensor - ticked yes
>sensor name - snort
>sensor ip - 192.168.0.2
>sensor port - 2525
>username - admin
>password - ******
>Sensor Agent Type - snort centre agent v1 (ssl enabled)
>Interface name to sniff - eth0
>Snort command line - -U -o
>
>Now, when I go to view sensor it says this:
>
>snort ->eth0 Can't Connect to 192.168.0.2:2525 Retry Connecting
>
>Sensor Message sh: line 1: curl: command not found
>
>I have tried a few variations on the sensor - such as using 192.168.0.2,
>eth0, different name, etc
>
>now, when i go to https://localhost:2525/
>
>i find this error:
>
>Current config file error:
>sh: line 1: /usr/sbinsnort: No such file or directory
>
>so it looks like when i went through the setup.sh script i should have
>entered "/usr/sbin/snort" rather than "/usr/sbin" how can i edit this
>now to be the right path?
>
>or if this problem is due to some other error then could you please let
>me know.
>
>Kind Regards,
>

>Hi,
>

>I have installed snort and various components successfully so far
>

>I am at the stage now where I am adding the sensor -
>

>the information I am typing in is as follows:
>

>enable sensor - ticked yes
>
>sensor name - snort
>
>sensor ip - 192.168.0.2
>
>sensor port - 2525
>
>username - admin
>
>password - ******
>
>Sensor Agent Type - snort centre agent v1 (ssl enabled)
>
>Interface name to sniff - eth0
>
>Snort command line - -U -o
>

>Now, when I go to view sensor it says this:
>

>snort ->eth0 Can't Connect to 192.168.0.2:2525 Retry Connecting
>

>Sensor Message sh: line 1: curl: command not found
>

>I have tried a few variations on the sensor - such as using 192.168.0.2, eth0, different name, etc
>

>now, when i go to https://localhost:2525/
>

>i find this error:
>

>Current config file error:
>
>sh: line 1: /usr/sbinsnort: No such file or directory
>

>so it looks like when i went through the setup.sh script i should have entered "/usr/sbin/snort" rather than "/usr/sbin" how can i edit this now to be the right path?
>

>or if this problem is due to some other error then could you please let me know.
>

>Kind Regards,

Snort-users list archive: