[Snort-users] ACID Email Alert Configuration

FWAdmin FWAdmin at ...8484...
Wed Apr 2 05:14:52 EST 2003

Ok thanks Erick

And like I told Erik:

The sig is not my fault :). It is tagged on the end of every e-mail I send
out the exchange server. Since I am in a bilingual province (unfortunately)
everything has to be in French and English. Sorry :)

		-Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Erick Mechler [mailto:emechler at ...7719...]
Sent: April 1, 2003 16:51
To: FWAdmin
Cc: Snort-Users
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] ACID Email Alert Configuration

First of all, Jason, you win for the largest signature I've ever seen ...
in two languages no less!

Okay, on with the answer...

:: Hey guys. I am running ACID with MySQL and Snort 1.9.1, and I want to be
:: able to e-mail alerts in CSV format (one of the options in 'actions' in
:: ACID).

You need to configure your MTA to relay/send the mail for you.  ACID does
not send the mail for you directly, you have to configure your MTA on yrou
ACID console to do this for you.  For sendmail, this would probably be
something like `SMART_HOST' and/or `MAIL_HUB' definitions.  For other MTAs,
I have no clue, you're on your own :)

Cheers - Erick

-------------------------
This e-mail communication (including any or all attachments) is intended
only for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended
recipient of this e-mail, any use, review, retransmission,  distribution,
dissemination, copying, printing, or other use of, or taking of any action
in reliance upon this e-mail, is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete the original and
any copy of this e-mail and any printout thereof, immediately. Your
co-operation is appreciated.

Le present courriel (y compris toute piece jointe) s'adresse uniquement a
son destinataire, qu'il soit une personne ou un organisme, et pourrait
comporter des renseignements privilegies ou confidentiels. Si vous n'etes
pas le destinataire du courriel, il est interdit d'utiliser, de revoir, de
retransmettre, de distribuer, de disseminer, de copier ou d'imprimer ce
courriel, d'agir en vous y fiant ou de vous en servir de toute autre facon.
Si vous avez recu le present courriel par erreur, priere de communiquer avec
l'expediteur et d'eliminer l'original du courriel, ainsi que toute copie
electronique ou imprimee de celui-ci, immediatement. Nous sommes
reconnaissants de votre collaboration.