[Snort-users] Question on database for Snort

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Wed Apr 2 04:43:16 EST 2003

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003, FWAdmin wrote:

> I wasn't being sarcastic. I was being truthful, I appreciate the responses I
> have gotten so far. Within a few hours a few people responded with their
> setup, which is what I wanted. You are so far off base, you are playing a
> different sport.

Ok, I stand corrected and I apologize.  I would suggest that in the
future, you mention that you did get responses.  Since it was a forward of
your own email, it seemed to be in more of a 'Thanks for nothing' tone
than anything else.

[...snip...]

> I have a hard time believing you are calm and easy going if one post pushed
> your last nerve.

Yes, I am calm and easy going.  But, just like everyone else, I've got
times when I can be "set off" by the least little thing.

> And its hard to believe that you have no time on your hands
> if you are willing to bash on someone for a simple statement which was just
> to thank the people on this board, and of which you have no evidence that I
> was stating something to the contrary. It was quite amazing what you pulled
> out of that one statement and assumed immediately. I'm going to assume you
> are having a bad hair day and leave it at that.

I never said I had no time, I just said that other things take precedence.
I spend a good portion of my spare time dealing with the list and Snort in
general.  As for taking your statement out of context, as I said above, a
forward of your own email is usually a "hey, why didn't you answer this"
tone.

> Despite your initial response, thank you for your opinion on the databases,
> and don't read between the lines as much. I am not a 13 year old script
> kiddie who can't behave. I am a security professional who appreciates the

In dealing with user support, you _have_ to read between the lines.  :-)
As for age, never mentioned it or even thought that.  I've seen plenty of
people at all ages who were slackers.

Again, I apologize.  I read what was written and misconstrued the way you
meant your statement.

I'm off to take my penalty drinks now...  :)

-----
Erek Adams