[Snort-users] ACID Email Alert Configuration

Erick Mechler emechler at ...7719...
Tue Apr 1 13:02:33 EST 2003

First of all, Jason, you win for the largest signature I've ever seen ...
in two languages no less!

Okay, on with the answer...

:: Hey guys. I am running ACID with MySQL and Snort 1.9.1, and I want to be
:: able to e-mail alerts in CSV format (one of the options in 'actions' in
:: ACID).

You need to configure your MTA to relay/send the mail for you.  ACID does
not send the mail for you directly, you have to configure your MTA on yrou
ACID console to do this for you.  For sendmail, this would probably be
something like `SMART_HOST' and/or `MAIL_HUB' definitions.  For other MTAs,
I have no clue, you're on your own :)

Cheers - Erick