[Snort-users] ACID Email Alert Configuration

FWAdmin FWAdmin at ...8484...
Tue Apr 1 12:10:50 EST 2003

Hey guys. I am running ACID with MySQL and Snort 1.9.1, and I want to be
able to e-mail alerts in CSV format (one of the options in 'actions' in
ACID). I try to do this and it says successful, but I am assuming that it
doesn't work because I have not configured my database / sensor with the IP
address of my outgoing mail server. Where do I configure this? There doesn't
appear to be such an option in acid_conf.php where the other e-mail option
are.

Thanks

Jason Thompson
Security Analyst
Networks and Communications
xwave

-------------------------
This e-mail communication (including any or all attachments) is intended
only for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended
recipient of this e-mail, any use, review, retransmission,  distribution,
dissemination, copying, printing, or other use of, or taking of any action
in reliance upon this e-mail, is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete the original and
any copy of this e-mail and any printout thereof, immediately. Your
co-operation is appreciated.

Le present courriel (y compris toute piece jointe) s'adresse uniquement a
son destinataire, qu'il soit une personne ou un organisme, et pourrait
comporter des renseignements privilegies ou confidentiels. Si vous n'etes
pas le destinataire du courriel, il est interdit d'utiliser, de revoir, de
retransmettre, de distribuer, de disseminer, de copier ou d'imprimer ce
courriel, d'agir en vous y fiant ou de vous en servir de toute autre facon.
Si vous avez recu le present courriel par erreur, priere de communiquer avec
l'expediteur et d'eliminer l'original du courriel, ainsi que toute copie
electronique ou imprimee de celui-ci, immediatement. Nous sommes
reconnaissants de votre collaboration.