[Snort-users] new snort.conf

Tue Apr 1 12:04:48 EST 2003

And now that I say that... what about the addition of HttpFlow to the
snort.conf?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kreimendahl, Chad J
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 1:54 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] new snort.conf

In looking at the new rc2 that's out, I'm wondering if there's supposed
to be any stuff in the snort.conf about the "config detection:" stuff.
I believe this is where the no_stream_inserts and search-method (my
favorite) stuff goes.

Also... any sort of performance stats yet done for the two different
methods?  Specifically... how much more memory are you likely to
sacrifice with a standard setup, and which one is likely to perform
better given enough memory to be had?

Thanks,
 CJK