[Snort-users] snort 2.0 RC1 runs commented out rules?

Scheidell at ...8144... Scheidell at ...8144...
Tue Apr 1 05:40:07 EST 2003

I am guessing, that its not so much the rule itself, but something that is 'missing' the beginning # (comment) sign.

I also found that this has happened on two other rules that were commented out, and I think the issue goes back into 1.9.0

I also noticed that the 'official' ruleset uses a # space

as in:

# alert

rather than:

#alert

so,,, I modified all my rules, used the # space and not falsies anymore..