[Snort-users] Re: Snort-users digest, Vol 1 #2318 - 8 msgs

Gerritsj1 at ...661... Gerritsj1 at ...661...
Sun Sep 29 12:41:04 EDT 2002

Hello;

     I am trying to use Data mining to gather some data from the IDS.  Can
anybody help me in what would be needed for the analysis of the data.

     What I really need is what would you like to see in granularity.  For
instance, FTP, email, backdoor, etc., etc..

      If I can obtain this information from the IDS, as an analyst, what
would the data be of use for your decision making?

Jonus