[Snort-users] pppoe on solaris : Provider couldn't allocate alternate address

Fabrice Bacchella fabrice.bacchella at ...7015...
Sun Sep 29 06:03:02 EDT 2002

I'm trying to use Snort on my ADSL home link on a Solaris 8 box.

When I launch snort, I get the following message :
# /opt/snort/bin/snort -d  -c /opt/snort/etc/snort.conf -l
/opt/snort/var  -p -i ppp0 -v -h x.x.x.x/32 -o
Initializing Network Interface ppp0
ERROR: OpenPcap() device ppp0 open:
         recv_ack: bind: Provider couldn't allocate alternate address
Fatal Error, Quitting..

I'm using Solaris 8, libpcap 0.7.1, rp-pppoe-3.0, ppp-2.4 and ipfilter
3.4.28.

Someone seems to hit the same problem, but he does not speak english :
http://nui.to/event/snort_memo/snort_memo.html

Can someone help me ?