[Snort-users] Snort and MySql, Postgresql

dweise dweise at ...4303...
Fri Sep 27 15:21:07 EDT 2002

Hi,
   I was able to find out that snort was not talking to the database.  My
command line included this:
/usr/local/snort/bin/snort -A full -dev -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

When I omitted the '-A full' an error occurred.  The error that occurred
indicated that snort was not talking to the database.

At 11:34 AM 9/20/2002 +0100, Scott Nursten wrote:
>Output lines in your snort.conf file. You need to tell snort to log to the
>db and give it the dhost, dbuser and dbpass for it to be able to write to
>the database. So...what do your output lines look like?
>

>Kind Regards,
>
>--
>Scott Nursten
>S2S Consultants