[Snort-users] Having trouble using -b switch

rkeller at ...7000... rkeller at ...7000...
Fri Sep 27 11:12:07 EDT 2002

Yes, it does.  And, when in binary mode, a new log file is created within the log
directory.

> rkeller at ...7000... writes:
>
> > I'm a fairly new users to SNORT so bear with me.
> >
> > I'm running snort 1.8.7 for Windows (from the binary
> > snort-1.8.7-win32.exe) with WinPcap 2.3 and the latest stable snort
> > rules (last modified 9/26).
> >
> > Withing the local.rules file I have the following rule:
> >
> > alert tcp any any -> any any (msg:"TCP traffic";)
> >
> > which is a test to make sure snort is working properly
> >
> > When I try to run snort with 'snort -d -l log -b -c snort.conf' when
> > the local rule is active, I receive the following error in a popup
> > window:
> >
> > snort.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.  You
> > will need to restart the program.  An error log is being created.
>
> Hrm does the log directory exist?
> --
> Chris Green <cmg at ...1935...>
> You now have 14 minutes to reach minimum safe distance.

Richard Keller
Senior Computer Operations Engineer
Please send all internal support requests to
Landover-ops at ...7003...