[Snort-users] 3 or 4 NICs in a sensor?

Sheahan, Paul (PCLN-NW) Paul.Sheahan at ...2218...
Fri Sep 27 10:22:04 EDT 2002

Thanks for the info. I clicked your link below, but it appears to be in
another language. Do you have an english version of the HOWTO you are
referring to?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Poppi, Sandro [mailto:Sandro.Poppi at ...3316...]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 2:03 AM
To: 'Sheahan, Paul (PCLN-NW)'; Snort List (E-mail)
Subject: AW: [Snort-users] 3 or 4 NICs in a sensor?

Paul,

I'm running a 6 NIC RH 7.2 box with 5 snort instances listening on 5 NICs
(3x 100Mb/s, 2x 10Mb/s, not highly saturated). Works like a charm (ok,
traffic has been rising over the month and snort reports some packet drops
on 2 interfaces with values about 0.0xx%). Tuning should help to get back to
0.000%

You might take a look on my HOWTO at
http://www.lug-burghausen.org/projects/index.html#snort-stat where I
described such a configuration.