[Snort-users] (no subject)

Lakshmi lakshmi_rm at ...4543...
Wed Sep 25 12:25:16 EDT 2002

Hi all,
     The IDS we use works on snort 1.8.3 and we use demarc 1.05 to monitor the alerts.Our alerts consists of a number of "spp_unidecode: Invalid Unicode String detected".
Is there any problem if this alert is disabled as a whole? will any genuine alert be prevented from coming up in doing so?..that is will we miss out any attempted intrusion from being alerted?while monitoring the payloads of these alerts we felt that only some of them refer to some suspicious activity.Is there any possibility to restrict this alert for specified ips alone?
Can someone help out?

Sify Mail - now with Anti-virus protection powered by Trend Micro, USA.
Know more at http://mail.sify.com

Want to get into IIM? Take the Sify Mock CAT now!
http://education.sify.com/mockcat