[Snort-users] WIN2K Install Problem: ntwdblib.dll could not be found

shammill shammill at ...6984...
Wed Sep 25 12:25:09 EDT 2002

After installing winpcap_3_0_a and snort-1.8.7-win32 I get an error message that ntwdblib.dll could not be found in the path.  The message is the same on both WIN2K systems I've attempted to install on.  A search indicates ntwdblib.dll is not anywhere on the system.

I normally start snort using this command: snort -l logs -c snort.conf -b -A fast

BTW - This was not a problem with an earlier version of winpcap and snort - but the versions are long forgotten.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!