[Snort-users] Snort Logging error

Anthony Scott ascott at ...6076...
Wed Sep 25 09:27:02 EDT 2002

hi.
I am using Snort in conjunction with Demarc PureSecure, latest version, on Windows 2000 Server SP2.
I am getting a bunch of errors that say:
" Invalid Snort config and/or rules. Continuing with last known good version (if available)."
According to Demarc's web site, I ran a test on the snort.conf.tst file. It gave me error that says:
"ERROR: Can not get write access to logging directory "log"."
Of course the directory is there and, for troubleshooting purposes, I added the Everyone group with Full Access as well as the network Admin account with Full access.... Still get the same error.
Any ideas?
Thanks

anthony  scott,
workstation administrator