[Snort-users] win32 service and logging

David Lohry dplohry at ...6971...
Wed Sep 25 08:17:04 EDT 2002

After finally receiving help from numerous people, I got the win32 service
to work. I'm running windows 2000 sp3 You have to include the log directory
in the command line for the snort service to work. But, I am logging
everything into a MySQL database. Running just snort -i2 with no log
directory works great and everything gets logged into the database only. So
how can I have the service run WITHOUT specifying a log directory. It seems
kind of useless to log both to a database and a directory plus takes up
more space.

Thanks
dplohry at ...6971...