[Snort-users] snort-1.8.7 could find libidmef

Joe McAlerney joey at ...47...
Mon Sep 23 11:23:02 EDT 2002

Hi Dave,

Couple of things.

1) Make sure you are using libidmef 0.6.3 for the current Snort plugin
2) You will get an "libidmef library (idmef) not found ...." message if
any of the libraries dependencies are also not found, i.e. libntp, or
libxml2.  Make sure those are both installed, and use the
--with-libxml2-libraries=, and --with-libntp-libraries= configure tags.
3) Make sure /usr/local/lib is in your /etc/ld.so.conf file (if your os
has one).  If it's not in there, add the line and run "ldconfig".

If you are still having problems, contact
libidmef-users at ...314...

Just FYI, the IDMEF plugin for Snort 1.9 has been 95% done for quite
some time now.  The development team has simply been busy on other
projects.  We believe the plugin will be finished within the next two
weeks.

Thanks,

-Joe

--