[Snort-users] Snort errors while using log option

Hicks, John JHicks at ...5857...
Mon Sep 23 08:37:04 EDT 2002

adding a -T to your command line will test the config. This usually produces
errors form snort that'll help you troubleshoot the setup.

HTH,

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Ellis [mailto:mellis at ...6912...]
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 3:07 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort errors while using log option

Hello,

I have snort 1.9.0 installed on a Win2k computer, and while it will run
fine in sniffer mode, if I try and put the logs to a directory the
program crashes.  I get the general message "snort.exe has generated
errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the
program."  "An error log is being created."

When I go to the event viewer to look at the log entry, this is the text
of the event:

The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on
09/20/2002 @ 15:02:49.303 The exception generated was c0000005 at
address 004348D7 (<nosymbols>)

Do anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,