[Snort-users] Problem compiling for flexresp on Solaris.

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Fri Sep 20 15:13:02 EDT 2002

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Colin Wu wrote:

> It's possible I may not have done a thorough enough search of the list
> archives, but I have not found references to this particular problem:
>
> I'm trying to build snort-1.8.6 on a Solaris8 host for flexresp.
> (Without flexresp it builds just fine.) I'm getting the following errors
> on 'make':

Colin,

	One thing that may be giving you grief--./configure uses a 'grep -q'
in one of the checks.  Since on Solaris /usr/bin/grep doesn't have a -q, you
can either install GNU Grep or use /usr/xpg4/bin/grep which does handle -q.

	Another suggestion:  Get to the latest revision of snort (1.8.7).  I'd
be curious to see if the newer version did the same thing.

	Hope that helps!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy