[Snort-users] Monitoring Sensors

Hutchinson, Andrew Andrew.Hutchinson at ...3639...
Fri Sep 20 12:01:03 EDT 2002

You may want to look at Big Brother (http://bb4.com/) for monitoring whole systems, but this requires an agent piece of software.  I use Sysmon (http://www.sysmon.org/)  to test basic connectivity and for text pager notification, and it seems to work pretty well.

Andrew

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Pedro Tedeschi [mailto:pedro.tedeschi at ...6753...]
	Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 1:51 PM
	To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
	Subject: [Snort-users] Monitoring Sensors

	Hey all,

	Asking myself, i'm thinking about some application that monitors my snort sensors.
	Some program that verify if the sensors are down, or if have some problem, etc.
	It´s very useful for networks that they have many sensors.
	Looking in the web, i find some programs like a NetSaint, but i don't know if these are useful for this function.
	Anyone use some program like this?

	Thanks in advance

	Regards,

	Pedro Tedeschi