[Snort-users] WIN2K Install Problem: ntwdblib.dll could not b e found

Uhte, Russ RussU at ...6702...
Fri Sep 20 11:38:06 EDT 2002

It sounds like you're trying to use a version of snort compiled with MSSQL,
but you don't have MSSQL installed on that box.
-Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: steve hammill [mailto:griz326 at ...131...]
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 1:16 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] WIN2K Install Problem: ntwdblib.dll could not be
found

After installing winpcap_3_0_a and snort-1.8.7-win32 I
get an error message that ntwdblib.dll could not be
found in the path.  The message is the same on both
WIN2K systems I've attempted to install on.  A search
indicates ntwdblib.dll is not anywhere on the system.

I normally start snort using this command: snort -l
logs -c snort.conf -b -A fast

BTW - This was not a problem with an earlier version
of winpcap and snort - but the versions are long
forgotten.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Snort-users list archive:
---

---
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the exclusive
and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in reliance upon
this message. If you have received this in error, please notify us
immediately by return email and promptly delete this message and its
attachments from your computer system.
---