[Snort-users] WIN2K Install Problem: ntwdblib.dll could not be found

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Fri Sep 20 11:29:05 EDT 2002

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, steve hammill wrote:

> After installing winpcap_3_0_a and snort-1.8.7-win32 I
> get an error message that ntwdblib.dll could not be
> found in the path.  The message is the same on both
> WIN2K systems I've attempted to install on.  A search
> indicates ntwdblib.dll is not anywhere on the system.
>

> I normally start snort using this command: snort -l
> logs -c snort.conf -b -A fast
>
> BTW - This was not a problem with an earlier version
> of winpcap and snort - but the versions are long
> forgotten.

Hrm...  A couple of google searches gets you what you need...

  ntwdblib.dll

  ntwdblib.dll snort

Once you start reading the pages, you'll see that ntwdblib.dll is part of
MSSQL.  If I were to guess about your problem, I'd guess you picked MSSQL as a
DB and don't have it installed yet.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams