[Snort-users] Snort and MySql, Postgresql

Hutchinson, Andrew Andrew.Hutchinson at ...3639...
Thu Sep 19 08:15:02 EDT 2002

What do your output lines look like in snort.conf?

-----Original Message-----
From: dweise [mailto:dweise at ...4303...]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 9:34 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort and MySql, Postgresql

Hi,
   I have Snort v1.8.7, Mysql  3.23.45, and Postgresql v7.2.2 and
ACID.  Each of them start with no problems.
However there is a problem, ACID never shows any of the alerts or
portscans
from my /var/log/snort/portscan.log or /var/log/snort/alert file. I
checked
each database andThey all start fine but ACID never reports a thing. I
checked the database in MySQL and Postg and they are both blank. Thus I
presuming that snort is not talking to mysql or postgres. (by the way i
have snort compiled for one or the other at any given time) Can anybody
tell me how to debug snort talking to the databases?

--David Weise
   DIS/OIT
   Unix Administrator
   Rider University
    Phone: (609) 896-5000 x7439
    Fax: (609) 896-5184

"The real race is not on the hot, paved road, the torturous off-road
course
or the smooth-surface velodrome. It is in the electrochemical pathways
of
your mind."--Alexi Grewal