[Snort-users] ask about hack program to go through the firewall

ardi reddish41 at ...131...
Thu Sep 19 05:31:02 EDT 2002

Hi all...
First of all I wanna give a picture the situation I
have here.. right now i have a firewall between my
local network and the internet, and my snort box is
before the firewall and after the firewall.
I wanna test how hard the snort can detect the hacking
programs, but i don't know much about hacking program
out there.
So i just wanna ask if there is someone here that can
give me a clue to find the hacking program to attack
the firewall so i can go through to my local network.
Im doing this just for my experiment on my final
assignment at my university.

My point here is do we need an IDS if the firewall is
strong enough to block the attack..??

Thanks everyone