[Snort-users] snort.conf

John Sage jsage at ...2022...
Thu Sep 19 00:14:02 EDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 05:26:50PM -0600, pierre wrote:
> hello!
>
> I have a heck of a problem figuring out how to edit snort.conf

umm..

I know!

How about using a text editor!

> Is there a kind soul that could send me there put XXX for ip so i can see what
> i need to do.I connect directly with my linux box via a hub.
> hub as no ip each box as it own static ip.

It's probably no use anyone sending you a copy of their snort.conf as
each setup requires a custom interpretation.

Best thing to do is to *read* the comments in the snort.conf itself,
and *read* the Snort User's Manual, which should have come with your
distro...

> Thank you in advance.

Not at all...

- John
--
"It's a troll! Run!^H^H^H^H Laugh!"

PGP key:     http://www.finchhaven.com/pages/gpg_pubkey.html
Fingerprint: C493 9F26 05A9 6497 9800  4EF6 5FC8 F23D 35A4 F705