[Snort-users] Snort 1.8.7 on Windows 2000 Server

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Wed Sep 18 23:11:04 EDT 2002

Try running Snort with the -T switch.

snort -l d:\snort\logs -i4 -c d:\snort\snort -T

 -Michael
 mailto:michaels at ...155...

From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Robbins,
Mark
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 2:18 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort 1.8.7 on Windows 2000 Server

I had been running Snort on NT4, but decided to put it on a W2K box
(SP3).
I'm using Snort 1.87 build 128 with MSSQL support, and WinPCap 2.3.
I use snort -l d:\snort\logs -i4 -c d:\snort\snort.conf
Snort starts with the usual happy messages, runs for about 30-60
seconds, and then I get my command prompt back with no error messages.

I would appreciate any suggestions.