[Snort-users] Snort.ORG download

James Hoagland hoagland at ...47...
Wed Sep 18 07:08:03 EDT 2002

At 7:42 AM -0500 9/16/02, Don.Sutton at ...6938... wrote:
>For the last 2 months I have been unable to download any of the files from
>snort.org (specifically the new signature files)...  I get the files
>downloaded then I get header errors when I try to unzip the files...  I am
>using WINZIP8.1 and I've tried this from several machines with the same
>negative results...  Does anyone else have this issue..?  Anybody got a
>workaround???

I don't know if this is your problem, but sometimes certain web
browsers will uncompress your downloads without changing the file
suffix, thus leading to confusion.  You can usually check this by
looking at the file size for your download.  Not sure if there is
something similar on Windows, but on Unix you can run the 'file'
command on the file to determine its true format.

Best regards,

   Jim
--
|*      Jim Hoagland, Associate Researcher, Silicon Defense      *|
|*            --- Silicon Defense: IDS Solutions ---             *|