[Snort-users] Snort and Barnyard with payload info

Ron Shuck rshuck at ...6736...
Tue Sep 17 08:56:03 EDT 2002

Hi,

Do I understand correctly that the current version of barnyard does not
include payload data to the database output plugin? Any plans to include
this?

I am using snort 1.8.7 and barnyard 0.1.0-rc2.

My plan was to use barnyard to provide some fault tolerance if a sensor
lost communication with the MySQL server. It seems to work as expected
using a waldo file, but I noticed that my alerts have no payload data.

Thanks,

Ron Shuck, CISSP - Managing Consultant
Buchanan Associates - A Technology Company in the People Business
http://www.buchanan.com
http://www.isc2.org