[Snort-users] How does Snort protect itself ?

WTWork securitygauntlet at ...3130...
Sun Sep 15 20:09:04 EDT 2002

Not really sure this is what needs to be done. If you run Snort on a
stealth NIC then it can't be found or tampered with there. If you firewall
and only allow say SSH in for management and ACID (What ever you fav
interface is) In  fro viewing alerts problem should be solved. OH ya!! Also
one should ALWAYS harden the server the sensor is on. IDS (Hosts-based)
systems should NOT be placed on servers requiring or running other apps.
This is why the advent of the Snort appliance based is a great idea. Then
you get a "Sensor in a box" not a OS/server/maintenance/admin/all the other
stuff that comes with standard default install of servers.

This is MOHO and just take the info for what it is worth to you

Wayne