[Snort-users] (no subject)

Sergg B. sbonlinux at ...125...
Sun Sep 15 18:29:03 EDT 2002

Hi All,
   Having a sligh problem here.  I set up snort on my system (RedHat 7.3).
It works fine when for example I scan my self on P-t-P address, (just run
ifconfig to see what i am refering to).  How ever when I generate bad
traffic on inet address, snort doesnt catch anything.
   I dont have any local network connections or anything, just want snort to
monitor ppp interface and log all ilegal traffic to snort alerts.log.  A bit
more detail - this is the line I use to start snort:
/usr/local/bin/snort -b -o -A full -c /etc/snort/snort.conf -i ppp0 -D

Any help would be apreciated, I tried snort IRC chanel, FAQ, doc.'s, all
with no luck so now asking you guys with hope that some one will be able to
reply.

   Sincerely
       Serg