[Snort-users] Snort over PPPoE

WTWork securitygauntlet at ...3130...
Sat Sep 14 18:48:02 EDT 2002

You can obviously place the sensor either in front of or behind the
Firewall or on both side (diff boxes of course).

Have you tried to run Snort from the command line?
Do you see any errors?
The PPPOE modem turns the Phone line info into Ethernet data. at the point
of egress from the modem you can place a sensor/router/switch or what ever
blows your skirt away BUT PPPOE has nothing to do with your Snort not
starting and staying running.

Good luck

Wayne