[Snort-users] Log to remote syslog server and MySql Database

Uhte, Russ RussU at ...6702...
Fri Sep 13 05:24:02 EDT 2002

I know... I'm sorry.... Do you think maybe we could get the guys at
snort.org to put a copy of the recompiled program at
http://www.snort.org/dl/contrib/???  Maybe it would help some other people
too!!
Thanks again!!
-Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Knobbe [mailto:fknobbe at ...652...]
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 5:16 PM
To: Uhte, Russ
Cc: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Log to remote syslog server and MySql Database

*sigh*.... that issue again.

I'd like to make a motion to change the Snort Win32 section in snort.c
so that -s does not override the conf file (Win32 only). Otherwise we'll
continue to see requests for Win32 recompiles for this matter.

Anyone for that change?

Frank

On Wed, 2002-09-11 at 12:28, Uhte, Russ wrote:
> Twig,
> Thanks for your reply... But I've tried that with no success.  I
researched
> a bit in the archives and it seems the only way to accomplish this is by
> changing source code and recompiling...  For me, that's a very difficult
> task!!  Anybody know anything about doing that??
> Thanks,
> Russ

---
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the exclusive
and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in reliance upon
this message. If you have received this in error, please notify us
immediately by return email and promptly delete this message and its
attachments from your computer system.
---