[Snort-users] installing snort with mysql support on rh7.1

Michael Boman michael at ...3137...
Thu Sep 12 12:24:06 EDT 2002

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 02:42:42PM -0400, Bill wrote:
> I'm trying to get snort (1.8.7) to compile with mysql support but keep
> getting an error :

>   ERROR: unable to find mysql headers (mysql.h)
>   checked in the following places
>
> when I run configure.  I saw a previous post that suggested running
> ldconfig which i did but that didnt solve the problem.  The file exists
> in /usr/include/mysql and I created a symlink to that dir in
> /usr/local/include.  Arent these dir's the default locations the script
> looks in?

> -bill

use --with-mysql-inc=/usr/include/mysql --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql
when you do ./configure

Best regards
 Michael Boman

--
Michael Boman
Student, Husband, Geek. Not necessary in that order thought.